In 1970, the Friends of the Vineland Public Library was formed to lead a campaign to help build a new and modern library. Their efforts resulted in the beautiful Landis Avenue library, which opened in 1976. More than 50 years later, the Friends are still active, and their work is critical to the community library’s success,
Thanks to your support, the Friends fundraising projects continue to raise funds devoted to much-needed library resources not covered by state or city funding.
The Friends provided funding for:
• Family Nights – The Friends allow the library to offer professional performances at no cost to the public so that children can be exposed to a variety of artistic and educational programs.
• The Friends fund book prizes and book discussion books for children and teens so that they can start or add to their own home libraries.
• Reading Clubs for all ages—The Friends provide a variety of materials for reading craft programs for children ages 12 & younger and for teens.
• The Friends provide all craft materials for children’s and family programming. They fund displays to make the area more child-friendly and bookmarks to hand out at school programs.
• The Friends fund weekly teen activities and provide our local teens a welcoming, creative environment. The most exciting teen program is the after-hours, yearly Teen Lock-In
• They fund adult programs like Author Signing events, Adult Book Clubs, Adult Craft Nights, Summer Reading Contests, and Business Workshops. They provide prizes for Book Bingo and Adult Virtual Trivia.
• The Friends have matched grants for the library to hold FanCon events. In 2022, FanCon drew a crowd of over 1100 people of all ages!
Friends paid for critical “extras” such as:
The Friends fundraising activities include:
Vineland has a public library that it can be proud of, thanks in large measure, to the dedication and hard work of the Friends of the Vineland Public Library.
For more information, please call the library’s Administration Department at (856)794-4244 ext. 4734, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.