The Library is seeking volunteers to provide one-on-one help to people who speak another language and want to improve their English proficiency. Students may have very low to intermediate or advanced English skills and may wish to work on their conversation skills or need help with reading or writing in English.
Tutors will be matched with a student whose English needs they feel comfortable addressing. The Library will provide training for all tutors and appropriate textbooks to use during the tutoring process. Space in the Library will be provided for tutoring sessions to take place. Tutoring assignments will normally last for a minimum of four months.
• Attend two 2-hour training sessions.
• Meet one hour per week with an assigned student in the Library.
• Sign the Library volunteer book after each tutoring session.
• Let the project manager know of any questions you have or problems you or your student are experiencing.
• Be at least 18 years old
• Speak English
• Be able to volunteer one hour a week.
• Enjoy helping others
Children learn the language of their new country through attending school with English-speaking children and the efforts of their teachers. Adults face a much more difficult task. You can make a difference in someone’s life by volunteering to help him or her along in their journey to communicate in English. Call today to volunteer!
Caroline Fricke: 856-794-4244 ext. 4729